Saturday 17 December 2011

and more dears


Our visit to Jen, Rod, Lily and Saul's started off with a bang, well banging to be precise. Yes, there was drumming, singing, costume changes and hilarity within five minutes of walking in the door. Things pretty much stayed that way for a while, but as you can see they also quietened down into very adoring and gentle moments (yes I do say moments as interesting hilarity is something that happens quite a bit when these four little ones get together). 




This is Lily upon receiving her birthday gifts of a handmade skirt and this stunning book, I say stunning as I have only drooled over it's pages, I have yet to embark on the adventure that is Wildwood, but let me tell you, I can't wait. Wildwood was written by Carson Ellis and Colin Meloy, husband and wife team, yes, awesome and doing amazing things but then you check them out individually and they are just so so so talented, it makes me head spin and eyes pop out (attractive I know). 

And this is Lily about 1 minute after receiving said gifts, skirt on and book open ready to be devoured.

Yes, I know I am ridiculously living in the past, but I have been sewing and sewing and sewing and selling and selling and selling. But before you know it, you will be bombarded with posts, unrelenting and totally fascinating posts, so many posts that you will just all have to comment and beg me to give you all some breathing room, yes, it is late. I think I am going slightly crazy......


1 comment :

  1. Oh SO lucky!! I was going to buy her Wildwood too!!! *phew*

    ReplyDelete

thank you, thank you for sharing your words, thoughts, feelings. xx