Saturday 16 August 2014

to celebrate

The other weekend I took a little break from life up here and armed with a few velvety birthday treats, went to Sydney to celebrate and surprise my dear and gorgeous friend Jen for her birthday. It was a weekend overflowing with lots of talking, walks through the city streets at night, eating seriously delicious food (here and here), lots of cuddles, a few bars (here and here), an impromptu haircut and viewing a lovely smattering of stunning art.
It was absolutely what I needed, a huge dose of nourishment from some very special friends and to be able to be there for Jen's birthday, to love her from close up not just from afar, was truly wonderful.
I also particularly loved the fact that I got to spend some special time with Jen and Rod's children, Lily and Saul, whom I love so dearly, without them being stolen away to various corners of the house by my children, no I had them all to myself and my gosh it was so very special.


2 comments :

  1. oh beautiful one - what a surprise it was! You are such a precious gift to Rod, Lily, Saul and especially me. LOVE YOU so much and can't wait to come and clean your house! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post Jay. Love your words "to love her up close not just from afar" I can so relate to that with some of my friendships. As always your photos are sublime. We are just back in Cooktown tonight, my first time back online in what seems like weeks. Sending you and your guys much love xxx

    ReplyDelete

thank you, thank you for sharing your words, thoughts, feelings. xx