Saturday 16 June 2012

today

I walked down to my market stall, a very brief yet brisk stroll and couldn't resist this snap, I know, I know, nothing new here and the photo isn't that amazing but I did want to share a bit of my early morning walk and it was so simply beautiful.
 Bell and I now have an army of suitcases, ready, willing and more than able to embrace our wares. 


Two more sweet moments I couldn't resist, oh this light, the glorious rays and some doily bunting. My nose was sniffling and my toes were cold but I do love a market set up, it's in my blood, it's fun oh and sometimes very long, and entertaining depending on amount of stuff and ability to coat hanger in an efficient manner.

Well despite the market day being quite slow; due mainly to Crazy Day in town, where all the shops have 'crazy' sales, we think that by the time the hordes of people actually fought through the main street crowds and made it to the markets they had already spent there 'crazy' money on bright and shiny  new factory made items, one of my dresses found the perfect home, the beautiful Maggie Quirk fell in love with this little number, it looked gorgeous on her. Other pic is Bell modelling her haphazard yet gorgeous poncho, the mannequin did not do it justice so we decided the mannequin needed to be a bit more hmmm life like. In the large amount of spare time we did have we managed to plan and book our Wabi Sabi 'pop-up' shop which will be on Friday 13th July and brainstorm ideas surrounding this as well as have a chat with Nick about his 'hit and run' art exhibition idea. Pretty exciting.

Relax, despite appearances to the contrary No 5 did not experience any kind of major contamination or  OHS breach, they are getting into the theme of the Onesie (all in one outfit) party they are hosting for Kate Atkinson (the force behind The Sonic Lab, who organise bands to tour this region). Poe, Ilo, Scott and I headed up after an early dinner, basically to check out all the awesome onesies, you would be quite surprised how many forms the humble onesie can take, amazed. After an hour or so, we headed back, put Poe and Ilo to bed and then Scott has headed back up. Apparently the amazing Elana Stone will be playing (she is in the totally hot blue satin onesie below) along with Grant from Bellyache Ben and I think Scott is performing as well. By the looks of things I think it is going to be a great night, looking forward to the debrief from Scott. As you can see below, our family went in overalls, all of us, team overalls indeed (will try to get a pic of me from somewhere). Fancy dress parties always seem to get everyone in such a happy mood.
Grant entrancing with the sousaphone
Kate in the tiger onesie.


 Fabulous Cath in this amazing onesie, crap photo as I was just adjusting the settings but I love it, hot pink everything, everything.

1 comment :

  1. the autumn leaf photo is beautiful. The photos of Scott, Ilo and Poe in overalls are sooo sweet. Going by your words and pictures, the good folk of Bellingen are a party loving social bunch. It is too cold here in Victoria to go out after dark! Though, we did brave the chill on Friday night and headed to friends for dinner where I wore your lovely handmade creation. When Pete arrived home and saw me wearing it he said 'Great top you should get another one'. Loving the tunes too xx

    ReplyDelete

thank you, thank you for sharing your words, thoughts, feelings. xx